Bamboo Nature Camp at Kolli Hills
The Bamboo Camp is a 3 day immersive learning experience that offers the opportunity to learn the fundamentals of bamboo construction and sustainable living, while engaging in a unique self-inquiry in the company of an international team of mentors. The Camp takes place in Kolli Hills.
BENEFITS & WHO IS THIS FOR?
The Bamboo Camp is perfect for anyone who wants to gain skills and hands-on experience working with bamboo, one of the most eco-friendly building materials, while also exploring various aspects of sustainable living. It is for anyone who is concerned about building a more environmentally sustainable world.
An essential aspect of building a more sustainable world is the quality of the consciousness we bring to it. Our outer environment – whether built or natural – reflects the state of our inner awareness.
The Bamboo Camp will take place over 3 days, covering full day intensive sessions offered daily from 9 AM to 5 PM. The sessions are offered according to two areas of focus, as follows:
1. NATURAL BUILDING WITH BAMBOO
Bamboo is an eco-friendly natural resource known for its rapid growth. As a core component of the Camp, participants will gain the basic knowledge, skills and practice needed for bamboo construction, as well as technologies that use bamboo in combination with other local materials. Sessions include:
- Theory and practice of working with bamboo
- Bamboo carpentry: bending, cutting, joineries, split and weave bamboo
- Bamboo construction
After learning basic skills in bamboo technology, participants will help in making a bamboo structure and learn the know-how of building construction.
2. ABOUT KOLLI HILLS – Eastern Ghats
Kolli Hills or Kolli Malai is a small mountain range located in Central Tamil Nadu and spread over the Namakkal district and Tiruchirapalli district of India. The mountains rise to 1300 m in height and cover an area of approximately 280 km2. They are part of the Eastern Ghats, which is a mountain range that runs mostly parallel to the east coast of Southern India. The mountain is a site of pilgrimage, because of the Arapaleeswarar temple, but the area is also popular with Motor cycle enthusiasts because of the high altitude motor-able terrain with 72 hairpin bends
Things to carry with you:(Optional)
- Loose and comfortable clothes for Site Work;
- Air Mask;
- Eye Protective Goggles;
- A Book and a Pen
- Torch light
- Tent (if possible)
Programme Rate: 9000 per person Rs. * Includes:
- Accommodation for 3 nights in Kolli hill
- All food 3 days (3 vegetarian meals a day)
- Costs of local excursions within Kolli hill
- Use of local transport in Site
- Certificate of attendance
- Terms: 50% deposit of workshop fee required on booking with balance payable prior to commencement of workshop.
- Cancellation: Up to 2 weeks before workshop commencement we retain 25% of total fee due.
From 2 days to workshop commencement we retain the 50% total fee.
- Notes: All booking communication is completed in writing by email.
Auroville has a strict no alcohol or drugs policy. Anyone disregarding these rules will be requested to leave the community immediately and no refunds will apply.
- Facilities: Interns should not expect much comfort. Basic facilities and needs will be provided for. Accommodations: basic shared rooms or Tents (3-4 per room)
Transportation within Kolli Hill transport will provide