Bamboo Reinforcement Workshop
The Bamboo Reinforcement workshop is a four day immersive learning experience that offers the opportunity to learn the fundamentals of bamboo construction and reinforcement concrete, while engaging in a unique self-inquiry in the company of an international team of mentors. The workshop takes place in Auroville, a dynamic international community committed to sustainable living, radical experimentation and personal development.
BENEFITS & WHO IS THIS FOR?
The Bamboo Reinforcement workshop is perfect for Environmentalist, Green Practitioners and anyone who wants to gain skills on sustainable lifestyle and hands-on experience working with bamboo, one of the most eco-friendly building materials, while also exploring various aspects of sustainable living. It is for anyone who is concerned about building a more environmentally sustainable world. (e.g. engineers, architects, technicians, supervisors, masons, students and laymen).
An essential aspect of building a more sustainable world is the quality of the consciousness we bring to it. Our outer environment – whether built or natural – reflects the state of our inner awareness.
The Bamboo Reinforcement workshop will take place over 4 days, covering full day intensive sessions offered daily from 9 AM to 5 PM. The sessions are offered according to two areas of focus, as follows:
1. NATURAL BUILDING WITH BAMBOO
Bamboo is an eco-friendly natural resource known for its rapid growth. As a core component of the workshop, participants will gain the basic knowledge, skills and practice needed for bamboo construction, as well as technologies that use bamboo in combination with other materials. Sessions include:
- Theory and practice of working with bamboo
- Treating bamboo against insects
- Bamboo carpentry: bending, cutting, joineries, split and weave bamboo
- Bamboo construction
After learning basic skills in bamboo technology, participants will help in making a bamboo structure and learn the know-how of building construction in the native tree.
2. BAMBOO REINFORCEMENT
Bamboo reinforced concrete construction follows same design, mix proportions and construction techniques as used for steel reinforced. Just steel reinforcement is replaced with bamboo reinforcement. Properties of bamboo reinforcement, mix proportion of concrete, design and construction technique with bamboo reinforced concrete.
Nature’s material, bamboo has been widely used for many purposes. Mainly as a strength bearing material. It is used for building shelters from an earlier time.
Significance of Bamboo Reinforced Concrete
The steel as a reinforcing material is a demand that is increasing day by day in most of the developing countries. There is situations when the production is not found enough to face the demand for steel.
Hence it is essential to have an alternative that is worth compared to steel. Bamboo is found in abundant, they are resilient and hence these can face the demand as a reinforcing material and become an ideal replacement for steel.
Things to bring for the workshop, (Optional)
- Loose and comfortable clothes for Site Work;
- Air Mask;
- Ear plugs;
- A Cap;
- Eye Protective Goggles;
- A Book and a Pen
- Tarch light
Programme Rate: Rs. 9500 * Includes:
- Lunch for 4 days ( vegetarian meals)
- Raw materials
- Refreshments twice a day
- Certificate of attendance
- Terms: 50% deposit of workshop fee required on booking with balance payable prior to commencement of workshop.
- Cancellation: Up to 2 weeks before workshop commencement we retain 25% of total fee due.
- From 2 days to workshop commencement we retain the 50% total fee.
- Notes: All booking communication is completed in writing by email.
- Auroville has a strict no alcohol or drugs policy. Anyone disregarding these rules will be requested to leave the community immediately and no refunds will apply.
Leave a comment