Bamboo Construction workshop
Bamboo grows all around the world and is abundant across Southeast Asia. It is the most sustainable material in the world; also it is affordable, easy to work with and has a very low carbon footprint. It is known to be a material of the people and can be used for basic self-construction projects or multi-storied structures with high engineering precision.
Over the years the Auroville Bamboo Centre has aimed at teaching participants how to become experts at working with Bamboo. We offer basic training for beginners and offer advanced courses for professionals and enthusiasts working with Bamboo. Students have built bridges, storerooms, showrooms, workshops, houses, public toilets, domes and many fanciful structures using a variety of techniques that integrate bamboo, steel, jute, lime, and earth as their primary components.
At Bamboo Centre you have an opportunity to work and live in a completely Bamboo styled community, to give you a thorough experience of Bamboo Lifestyle.
- Learning how to use bamboo as a material.
- Learning the Tools and Techniques.
- Interacting with Technicians and Faculties for Problem Solving.
- Learning to work and design with Bamboo.
- Complete Hands-On Experience.
- Learn and work with people all over the world.
- Learn site work set up
- Learn critical theory about Bamboo and its Uses
- Learn Cutting and joineries
- Learn Splitting
- Learn Bending and Straightening
Students will receive knowledge and skills as well as awareness of and practice in utilizing technologies that use bamboo, possibly in combination with other materials, and that help to conserve the environment.To become expert craftsman, confident in manifesting your design and ideas using bamboo as a material.
This workshop is for designing students in particular, but also for anyone who would like to know more about bamboo furniture and to try it in practice. Students, Professionals, Artists, Architects, Designers of all fields and Hobbyist are invited. No previous experience required.
Breaks; Same Schedule Every day of Workshop
10:30 – 10: 45 Tea Break
12:30 – 01:30 Lunch Break
03:30 – 03:45 Tea Break
Things to bring for the workshop, (Optional)
(If not, will be available at the Bamboo store)
- Working Gloves;
- Loose and comfortable clothes for Site Work;
- Pair of closed shoes or sandals;
- Air Mask;
- Eye Protective Goggles;
- A Book and a Pen
Program Rate: Rs. 14500 * Includes:
- Workshop, Training & Materials
- Refreshments during 2 breaks
- Skill Certificate of Bamboo Craftsmanship
Leave a comment